Support for Amputees
What support is available to amputees?
Whether its practical advice for new amputees, finding an amputee support group to connect with, or navigating the funding system, access to quality services and support networks is paramount for amputees. You can find a list below of amputee associations and amputee support groups that provide relevant information for new amputees and ongoing support throughout your life as an amputee. Here you can find prosthetic advice, peer support, health resources, funding information, prosthetic service information and more!
Amputee Support Groups/Associations
- Amputees NSW – A non-for-profit amputee association, recognised by NSW Health, that provides a comprehensive range of support services for all people affected by amputation and limb differences. Amputees NSW provides support for individuals, families, schools, allied health professionals, government agencies, interstate support groups and the broader community.
- Limbs4Life – The peak body for amputees in Australia with the vision of providing information and support to amputees and their families, while promoting an inclusive community so that no person is going through limb loss alone.
- Limbs4Kids – A national program that supports parents of children born with limb deficiencies and children or adolescents who undergo an amputation early in life.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) – The NDIS is an independent Australian Government statutory body that funds costs associated with disability and providing the necessary ongoing support for Australians who acquire a permanent disability before the age of 65.
- EnableNSW – A state-wide service of HealthShareNSW that provides assistive technology and related services to people in NSW with specific, short term or ongoing health needs to assist them to live safely at home.
APC Prosthetics is a certified registered NDIS provider.
For more information regarding Prosthetics please head to our resources section found here.